Winter Vs. Summer

Published on: Author: simonedc15 4 Comments

Simone’s Purpose

is to convince you Winter is better than Summer.

In my opinion Winter is better than Summer. 

Mom’s Purpose:

is to convince you that Summer is better than Winter.

I believe that Summer is definitely better than Winter. 

Reason (Simone):

Winter is better than Summer because you can build a snowman and go sledding.  You can have hot cocoa with your friends.  When you go in your house after playing in the snow it’s warm and cozy.

Example (Simone):

For instance, I love to go sledding on a hill with my friends and family, and I drink delicious hot cocoa with marshmallows that melt in my mouth.

Reason (Mom):

I find Summer to be more enjoyable than Winter because of all of the fun outdoor activities we get to do as a family.

Example (Mom):

For example, we love to go to Colorado where it is sunny and warm. We can hike, fish, eat dinner outside and picnic in Rocky Mountain National Park.   

Reason (Simone):

You can watch the snow fall and make snow cones and syrup candy (the syrup candy is made of syrup and snow).  You can do extraordinary activities and play all day.

Example (Simone):

For example I made treats out of snow while the rest of my family played games and went sledding.

Reason (Mom):

Another reason I love Summer is that the days are longer. 

Example (Mom):

I love having a BBQ in the backyard and enjoying a late dinner outside while we watch the sun set. Additionally, I love the smell of the flowers and the feel of the warm sun on my face. It is so relaxing! 

Reason (Simone):

You can catch snowflakes on your tongue if you are thirsty. You can also build a ramp and sled over it!

Example (Simone):

I like to fly on my sled over the ramp. It was so fun.  I did it over and over again.  Once I stuck my tongue out while spinning while closing my eyes and plugging my ears!

Reason (Mom):

Another reason I love summer more than winter is that I don’t like to be cold! Brrrrrr! 

Example (Mom):

I just love being able to play at the park and go swimming without shivering. Being cold is not comfortable at all!  

summer

www.capa.ru

Which one do you like best?

Conclusion (Simone):

As you can see I enjoy Winter better than summer.  I enjoy it because you can play and spend time with friends and family.  The snow likes to dance it’s way to the ground and it’s beautiful.  I love Winter even though it is ending I can’t wait for next year.  Winter is definitely better than Summer.

Conclusion (mom):

As you can see I am much more comfortable in summer. I like the longer days, eating outside, playing in the park and swimming. The warm sun feels so amazing on my face, and I especially love the colorful flowers. To me, Summer means family time, vacation, spending more time outside and just having a great relaxing time. So to conclude, Summer is definitely better than Winter. 

4 Responses to Winter Vs. Summer Comments (RSS) Comments (RSS)

1. Dear Simone and mom,
    This post is fantastic! I loved all your reasons and your word choice was incredible. You really painted great pictures of both seasons. There is no way I’d decide who won this opinion debate. You both hit this one “out of the ballpark”.

Happy trails,
    Mrs. Fordyce

2. Hello Simone,
    I love the way your post has different opinions that you and your Mom have! I wished you could of just added if your Mom wrote her opinion or did you get them from your Mom and you wrote what she had to say about it. I wonder if you also like summer? My opinion on this post is I like summer better because you can spend time with your family, and also you can play with friends out side. Good Post
    -Moses Burkholder, Also please don’t forget to comment on my blog this is the URL http://blog.elanco.org/burkholdz1q/

3. Hi Simone,
    I like summer better Because you get a summer vacation also you can go to summer camps.
    Visit my blog at blog.elanco.org/davis934
    Sarah.

4. Hi my name is Jorjah,
    I personally think that winter is better than summer because I was born in winter and right now where I am it is winter and I love it!! But where I live it doesn’t snow which is really annoying I have always wanted visit the snow though.
    Bye for now!
    oh I almost forgot here is a link to my blog
    http://jorjah2016.edublogs.org/